Featured post

The Non-Negotiable Gospel - Book Review

 Dave Hunt, 1999, 45 pages Publisher: The Berean Call; Second Edition (April 25, 2007) Buy it on Amazon and Good Reads . Blurb...

Sunday, 12 June 2016

Strange Dream - June 11, 2016

During the night of June 11, 2016 after a day of fasting and prayers, I had a strange dream. I was in the dark, alone in a big mansion. I was standing in a rustic living room. Three old-fashioned red sofas surrounded a big carpet. The carpet was rectangular with a rusty colour. I stood there in the middle of the room on the carpet. I scanned the room. There was no other furniture. A deadly quiet living room. I looked ahead because I noticed a wooden French door. I slowly approached it to look through the window. Everything was dark outside, no street lights, no moon, no brightness at all. I thought "wait a minute! Where am I?" Obviously, I was not in Winnipeg (Canada). I had lived in Winnipeg for more than four years now. I didn't recognize the place at all. I was not in Paris (France), either. I spent three decades in a suburb of Paris. So again, where am I? 


  I kept contemplating outside until my eyes could see through the darkness. "Oh... I can see now... what a huge mountain!" I said out loud. A monstrous mountain appeared in front of me. Red sparks hopped up on top of this. It was strange. I've never witnessed that spectacle before. I had thought of fireworks display until I realized: "oh no! It is a volcano!" A powerful volcano was facing me, ready to eruct. The red sparks became incredibly bigger. The menacing larvae had already leaked from the top. “How come I didn't notice any smoke?”



 I couldn't escape. I didn't budge. I stood there in the middle of nowhere. Still fascinated, I kept staring through the dusty window of the mansion. The dangerous larvae was on its way to come and get me! One spark reached the leaves of a tree at the right of my window. I gazed the leaves burned instantaneously. The fear griped me for few seconds. I watched the entire tree burning, there, just in front of me. Was the French door my shield? I had no idea. I glanced the quiet garden of the mansion. No one was there to rescue me. I was alone but not lonely. Surprisingly, I felt okay in the midst of this nonsense. I knew that I was protected...
 Psalm 23:4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." 
I woke up. It was a strange dream. I was in peace because I wasn't alone. God lives in my spirit. He was there with me in my dream, too. I believe that the dreams belong to the spirit realm. God is a Spirit. He speaks to us through dreams even if we don't understand their meanings.

Job 33:15-18 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.  He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword." (King James Version)

 Like I said it was a strange dream…

By Benebr

No comments:

Post a Comment