Featured post

The Non-Negotiable Gospel - Book Review

 Dave Hunt, 1999, 45 pages Publisher: The Berean Call; Second Edition (April 25, 2007) Buy it on Amazon and Good Reads . Blurb...

Saturday, 23 July 2016

Questioning Some Contemporary Christian Musics


Can music really save? Music is powerful, I got this. Music can impact a culture. Many American Christian artists believe that their music can save people. Nothing is impossible to God. Don’t get me wrong! God is powerful. But in the Bible, I haven't read anything about salvation through music. Nevertheless, I’ve never met someone saved through a song. I witnessed salvation through the preaching of the word of God confirmed by the Holy Ghost’s power. I've seen churches praying and fasting days before any gospel crusades

 Did Christian singers do the same?


Mark 16:20“Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.”

 Did signs and wonders follow the performance of Christian singers? 


Romans 10:17: So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.”


Are we hearing biblical messages in contemporary Christian songs on the radio, today? Is the Gospel preached during the Grammy, Emi, Dove and other Award ceremonies? Did they testify the greatness of God during those events? Or are they promoting themselves? Their own agenda? Are they just targeting the Christian audience? Or is it a good-news-man-made-positive message?  I am just asking…
 
1 Corinthians 1:23:“but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. (New American Standard Bible Version)

Were these Christian artists praised by the world? Were they entertaining us in a "Christian" way? Did Christian songs save people in night clubs?  Were Christian singers free to express their belief within the music industry? I am just asking...

I remember that in Ephesians chapter 5 verses 19, the Apostle Paul encouraged us to be filled with the Holy Spirit and “speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

In this passage, Christians are encouraged to sing to God. To be filled with Holy Spirit’s joy and praise. Here, music and songs are towards God. To be grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. It is not about entertainment. Not to become famous in the mainstream media. Music and songs should be all about God's glory according to the Bible.

 Matthiew 28:18-20: (King James Version) "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Long story short, Jesus saves through His Holy Spirit only.

But if you were saved through a Christian song, please feel free to share your testimony. It will be helpful to hear that. I would be glad to hear it. You'd prove me that I could be wrong. God bless!

By Benebr


5 comments:

  1. I once heard about a woman who was saved listening to Christmas Carols. Suddenly the message of Christ became real and she wanted to follow Him.
    Great post! I'm approving you for membership into the Fellowship of Christian Bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kathleen, it is great to know it! Thank you so much for adding me into your website and for your comment. I really appreciate it. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since God inhabits praise, I think singing can bring you closer to God...but no, I am certain music cannot save. True praise moves Him, even if it's really bad singing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Thanks Margaret for your comment. I really enjoy your blog and your sense of humour.

      Delete