Featured post

The Non-Negotiable Gospel - Book Review

 Dave Hunt, 1999, 45 pages Publisher: The Berean Call; Second Edition (April 25, 2007) Buy it on Amazon and Good Reads . Blurb...

Monday, 15 August 2016

GOD'S WINKS - August 15, 2016


 
Picture from larrydixon.files.wordpress.com & you-can-be-funny.com
I have a very bad habit of complaining anytime a situation does not go my way. I usually get angry with God. I drag myself around with a grumpy attitude. I can't help whining like a weary wife... 

 My murmurs usually go like this:
- Father, how come You let that happen!
- I just don't get it!
- If You really loved me You wouldn't...
- Have You forgotten me?
- It looks like You love/bless her/him more than me!
- I am so fed up with this situation!
- Lord Jesus I can't take it anymore!!!
- Enough is enough!
- Daddy God... really?! (Sigh)

I remember that I have been praying for months about something until the situation got worse. I became so frustrated and bitter! Interestingly, God was silent. So I looked towards heavens, I talked to him: "Lord, I understand that you are busy fixing the world wide mess going on, but what about my request? Abba Father ... I know I sound selfish but you are my Provider, Yahve Jireh, please help me!"
Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act" (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
 "Lord Jesus, I am living for You!" I yelled as if He was hard of hearing. I felt so sorry for myself... poor thing! Gently, the Holy Spirit prompted me in my spirit. I knew that I mess up! My attitude displeased Father God. Uh uh, I said to myself.  I'd better stop whining and start thanking God; even when I didn't feel like doing that. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Rejoice at all times. Pray unceasingly. Give thanks in everything, for this is the will of God toward you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit." (Berean Literal Bible).
My self-pity won't move Him anyway! So I got on my knees, lowered my remorseful face towards the floor, I confessed: "Oh Lord, I am sooo sorry! I behaved so poorly! Please forgive me! Lord I recall that you dislike chronic complainers". 
 Numbers 16:41-44 "But on the next day all the congregation of the sons of Israel grumbled against Moses and Aaron, saying, “You are the ones who have caused the death of the LORD's people (...) and the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, Get away from among this congregation, that I may consume them instantly. (New American Standard Bible) 
 Yikes! Scary! No comments! Praise God! He didn't kill me when I went crazy! I played the fool but the Holy Spirit, again, put me back on the right track. Thank you Holy Spirit for your guidance! Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for sending me the Holy Spirit as Helper. Also, thank you for your sacrifice that has given me eternal life and full access to the throne of Grace. 
Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (New International Version Bible)
Thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you for your patience. 
 Psalm 145:8 - The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. (King James Bible)
 After I repented of my sinful attitude, I have decided to thank God daily. For any good things He gave me. God is a giver.  I thanked him for bad things, too. Sounds weird, I know! Few months later, my almighty Daddy worked all things for my good. (Romains 8:28). God surprised me. He blew my mind, I was speechless! An indescribable joy filled me for days. I was so grateful! El Shaddai answered my prayer in such wonderful way.
Psalm 34:4- 8: I sought the LORD and he answered me; he delivered me from all of my fears. Look to him and be radiant; and you will not be ashamed. This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard and delivered him from all of his distress. The angel of the LORD surrounds those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the LORD is good! How blessed is the person who trusts in him! (International Standard Version Bible).
 Yes, I confirm! Now looking back I realize that I behaved like an adult-size-toddler! I imagine God rolling His eyes anytime His children had temper tantrums. I am wondering what the angels think about that?
Picture from www.startwithmom.com

Have you prayed for a while about a specific thing? Have you felt like God was not listening? Has God answered this particular prayer? Please, share your experience in the comments section below, thank you!   ;)

By Benebr




2 comments: